Friday, June 21, 2013

Road Trip

April 29th -


Its time to take another trip to the lovely town of Bloomington In.  Look how good we all look in out Thomasware.  

The purpose of todays trip is to meet with IU's Board of Health to review the plan.  I called this meeting (yes, I just said I called a meeting the the board of health) so that I could review our plan with a man named Grahm.  I figured it was a lot eaiser to get him involved in the planning stages then to have the board of health show up of the day of the event and demand things that we were not prepared for and shut us down.  I have always been a "kiss ass".....I like making friends because friends are always on you side.

Rach, Keith, Vince and myself were supposed to meet at the end of last week to work on this event but we got so busy with the every day event schedule we had to postpone that meeting.  I agreed to postpone it with the expectation of spending the 3 hours on the road talking ("meeting") about this event.  I told them that we had an agenda that we have to get throught and on the way back Vince will just drive us around and around 465 untill we are 100% done with our meeting.  

We began our mobile meeting reviewing what we were gong to discuss with Grahm the Board of Health man.  We discussed the "food" plan and the kitchen layout and reviewed IU's 15 page health and safty rules.

A quick stop for breakfast at our tradtional Martinsville Starbuck's and we were on the road again.

Our meeting with Gram the Board of Health man went very well.  He was not expecting a group of us and between the 4 of us and the 3 of them we were squished in this tiny room around a table that was to large for the room.  I crawled over 3 chairs to get to my seat and Vince followed.  Of course after everyone sat down and we were waiting of the rest of the IU particapants Vince had to use the restroom, so Rach and Keith had to get up to let him out (it was kind of like sitting in a booth, but not). Needless to say Vince just sat on the end when he returned.  It was ovious that we were at the Board of Health meeting and not at the Fire and Public Safty meeting. 

We blew them away with our readyness, our plan and our package of paperwork.  They sat across the table with a slight look of surprise in there eyes.  The girls said "WOW, IU has never seen anything like this befor"  to which I reply "Well neither have we".  They talked about taking picutres and using them in training videos. I said "That would be great! I sure hope they turn out to be pictures of what to do and not pictures of what not to do".  The only thing they asked us to do was to add a couple of hand washing stations inside the bar areas, which is the one thing I didn't think of (a little weird but understandable).  We walked out of there with a list of items to remember (test strips, anitbacterial soap, etc) and the respect of Grahm the Board of Health man.

A quick stop by the field house to show Rach and Keith the event space.  Whden we first enterd the space Keith said "It's not as big as I thought it would be".  Vince replied "It's a football field in a building!  How big did you want it to be?".  After we looked, walked and measured we were back on the road and back to our meeting.  The "drive home meeting" focused on equipment and reviewing the list of rentals.  I am happy to report that we did not have to drive around 465 any more then needed and we were back at the office before the close of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment