I stood in the hall and told Jeff Ware from Catering By Michael's in Chicago the "plan". After I was done he shook his head at me and said "sounds good but I am a little concerned bout the trash. We have a formula written out for trash, when I get back to the office let me email you that formula" OK, Great!! I said but I thought I had this thing laid out really well. What is wrong with my trash plan? When we did our big event in West Baden We had one dumpster for almost 2000 guest, surely 4 dumpsters for 9000 will work.
Later that week after returning from Vegas I get this email:
Breakfast & Lunch served on disposables = 0.075yds per
person
Snacks/Beverage Service on disposables = 0.03yds per person
Dinner served on disposables = 0.08yds per person
Dinner (multiple stations) served on disposables = 0.082yds
per person
Dinner served on china = 0.0375yds per person
Based on our experience you would need around 720 yards.
That is 24 of the big roll off dumpsters (30yds each). I think asking your vendor to bring a garbage truck will be
the best option. In Chicago, Waste Management also has portable compactors they
can bring to events and that significantly reduces the yardage needed as they
compact it onsite.
LMAO 24 DUMPSTERS!!! I guess I was a little off!!!
Nothing I could do but laugh. Thank God for friends!!
A few days later I called the local trash removal company and he tried to convince me that I only needed one dumpster...........AH NO??? He wasn't getting it so I said "I tell you what, let me send you a list of all the disposable items we will have on site that evening. You take this to yours operation meeting on Monday morning and get back to me" This is what I sent him:
| Trash Estimate | |||||
| 30,912 | Bottles of beer | ||||
| 1,026 | 1.75 Lt bottles | ||||
| 6,624 | Wine Bottles | ||||
| 15,962 | Soda Cans | ||||
| 25,056 | Bottles of water | ||||
| 1,026 | Bottles of Vodka Drink | ||||
| 20,000 | Cocktail Napkins | ||||
| 3,000 | coffee cups | ||||
| 25,000 | 9oz plastic cups | ||||
| 12,060 | 9" plates | ||||
| 1,000 | dessert forks | ||||
| 10,000 | 6" plates | ||||
| 25,000 | 12 oz plastic cups | ||||
| 10,200 | Dinner Napkins | ||||
| 10,200 | forks | ||||
| 10,200 | spoons | ||||
| 10,200 | knives | ||||
| 12,000 | sugar packets | ||||
| 3,000 | cream packets | ||||
| 232,466 | Pieces of trash | ||||
The next Monday afternoon I got a phone call from Ron Howard (yes I said Ron Howard) from Hoosier Trash. "Um I think we are going to have to come up with a better plan, can we met?"
My response "You Think?"
No comments:
Post a Comment