Wednesday, March 27, 2013

COOK - the initial shock

July 2012 I get a short email from a very long time, dear client of ours "I need you to hold August 10 2013 for us, it's our 50th Anniversary, we are inviting everyone plus a guest, it looks like we are going to be round 6000" (yep not a typo that is one 6 and three 0's). Well ok.....of course I pick up the phone... "are you serious?" Yep she was serious...."not sure of any details really, looking like its going to be on college campus, the campus caterer is exclusive there but we are going to insist on using Thomas Caterers, we'll get back to you when we know something". Oooook, I hung up the phone thought "yah that ain't going to happen" and put the idea of it aside........

October 2013 - "Kelly it's Cook on the phone".....huh....." Ok your in...let's meet next month ....oh and by the way we are at 9200 invites".....HOLY COW THIS THING IS FOR REAL...stunned and dazed I go tell my staff who responded with stunned and dazed faces. Yep this thing is for real...CATERING IS CRAZY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment